 Space / 30146
Re: Didja Notice??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 03:25:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Barrett wrote:
On the back of the January Shop at Home catalog is the Fire Command Craft
set 7046.

Anybody else notice the Serial Number sticker shown on the side of the boat is
LL-7046? As far as I know only the Classic Space sets used the "LL" serial
numbers for the ships, or am I wrong on this??

We had a hint of Classic Space with this figure:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=twn021

And now the serial number on the side of the boat (kinda hard to see in this
picture) in this set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7046

So what do you think?
Daniel

Thanks for the heads-up, Daniel!  After your post here, I noticed a few days ago
in a picture of a new spiderman sets from this thread:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=22009
(the pics are gone now, probably @ Lego Company's request, but I saved them)
In a Spidey set with an ambulance, the ambulance has "FD LL" on the side!
Also in the recent news of the Lego company trimming it's COO and another exec,
found in this thread:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=614
Lego said they want to stay with their core product/bricks; the wording of the
article leads me to believe they want to revive successful elements of "classic"
Lego lines-maybe these "LL" names in new sets are a hint of the company
literally returning to the classic "LegoLand" (LL) name/themes!

Jeff