 Space / 29640
  Seed part: Use it or lose it.

All right kids. We haven't seen any MOCs using the seed part lately. If you think this is a cool feature in Space, then let's see you use it in some MOCs. Updated for December. (URL) -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) If I had one, I would. I love the seed part ideas, but there've been some rather obscure ones over the past few months. (Last month's was good, I just didn't get the opportunity to use it.) The UCS X-Wing canopy, the Racers driver, B-Dub, and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

You should have been more acerbic and used this part: part.(URL) do like the Seed Part, even if I haven't built anything with them. I think once in a while someone does something really groovy, like those pods done with January's part (sorry, can't (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

In lugnet.space, Wayne McCaul wrote (...) Dude. I'm not going to post parts a month in advance for people who are too lazy to keep up. Granted, I posted the December part a week late. But still... 20 days isn't enough time? Come on. -Grand Admiral (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) I really like the idea. It gives inspiration something to crystalise around, but hardly anyone seems to take up the idea. I can only recall four mocs that have deliberately used the month's seed part since it started, and two of them were (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) Well, magazine subscriptions always arrive the month before...usually somewhere in the first week or so. It's really just a matter of labeling. I can see Wayne's point about the psychological element. (...) Not if you're busy... I haven't had (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) I don't buy it. If you guys got time to surf lugnet you got time to build. Tonight instead of watching TV or a movie, build something. Instead of surfing the net or messing around with downloading stuff, build something. You have to make time, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) ... and that's an order ;) Besides, no-one said there was a time limit on these things. If it takes you until next December to finish it no-one will think any less of the model. Allister (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) *Sigh* I don't really want to get into a thing over this, but that kind of attitude isn't really productive. I mean, life is pretty damn complicated and, personally, I find it exceedingly difficult to build right now. I do most of my (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) I don't mean to insult you, Wayne. But you're telling me in an entire month you don't have time to build one single MOC? Not one? Not even a small one? -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) I had put up a page with a few. But as some were built in Oct and not for Seed-Part reasons I had not posted about them. Anyway... (URL) see about using that chair but I only have blue, ick :) Best DaveG (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) LOL - You're right. :) You know, when I read your original post I was sort of ticked and then I composed a response and that felt a little better. I posted it and felt good that I said someting. Then I started to feel guilt that maybe I came (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) Your Grand Admiralness Sir, I do think it's a cool idea. But I don't have the ABS parts that have been chosen, nor do I have any extra money to go onto Brickshelf to buy them. Yet. I do, though, have this part in MLCAD called "technic seat 3 x (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) SNIP ahh, MLCad/Ldraw: (URL) (...) Jeff (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) Love it! This is what gave me the idea that if I only knew where to look for a virtual part to begin with, I could at least virtually MOC with a seedpart. It would help many of us to learn if we had the MLCAD name or Ldraw number or something (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) Ya know I think if you are willing to use the seed part, I'll be willing to link to your model's brickshelf gallery from the seed page. That is unless it gets rediculous. Thanks for the great idea. tk (URL) Co-Curator of .Space> (URL) CEO Kane (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) Cool part and one I actually own too. Too bad that all my lego is packed away for the move :( (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

I'm just going to toss this out there. I love the seed part, even if it doesn't produce tangible results, it does cause people to think and spark imaginations. I might try and think of a way to use a technic chair and in the process come up with (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) Well, I don't have a whole MOC (time constraints as well as my parts being in storage), BUT I do have a sub-assembly that I've built and that others might use. (URL) Now, using the friction pins inside the chair is really tricky, so you may (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) I should have a picture of November's Seed Part MOC after this weekend. I will get to work using the Technic chair. Perhaps you silly photoshoppin' jokers could start 'adding' the seed part of the month somewhere into all of your pictures. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) I think the seed part is a good idea, but trying to pick obscure parts might not be so hot. Not to compain without offering, so here is an idea or two. It might be fun to say use ten of these common parts in a creation. Another idea is to say (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) Amen brother! I build my stuff 30 minutes at a time, just after the boys are in bed and just before I'm in bed myself. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) Hooray! I'm on it. I've been trying to figure what to do with these for a while now. MOC on its way. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

In lugnet.space, Steve Hickman wrote: [snip] (...) Actually, this seems like a groovy idea. Each month seed-part builders could announce whatever they've made with *any* seed part by the near of the month (say the 20th), then there could be a little (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.

(...) Excellent Idea Jeff (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)