 Space / 29652
Re: Seed part: Use it or lose it.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:54:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
In lugnet.space, Wayne McCaul wrote
There's a timing issue as well. There's probably a psychological element
that says it's already December, that doesn't give me a lot of time to do
something... Maybe if you were to post the part for the *next* month each
time, then people might feel like there's enough time to chunk out something
for it.

Dude.

I'm not going to post parts a month in advance for people who are too lazy to
keep up. Granted, I posted the December part a week late.

Well, magazine subscriptions always arrive the month before...usually somewhere
in the first week or so.  It's really just a matter of labeling.  I can see
Wayne's point about the psychological element.

But still... 20 days isn't enough time? Come on.

Not if you're busy...  I haven't had a chance to build in almost 2 months (Oct.
18, in fact).  If you post the seed part of the month in December and call it
January's part, then it doesn't make people feel way behind if they can't get
around to it until January actually arrives.
--Bram