 Space / 28347
Re: The Warrior's Cry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 03:23:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Wightwick wrote:

I wanted to create a decent land vehicle to go with a spaceship, but I didn’t want the ship to be too big. So I made it modular.

Matthew, you’ve come up with a good, original idea for the overall configuration. You do need to advance from the “boxy” stage, though. A straightforward way to do this is to use slopes. Perhaps you need more slopes? I’ve got a couple of red roof brick packs I haven’t opened... I can bring them to the next meeting.

Then again, you don’t necessarily need to do it with slopes - you can do it with external stuff, and even with just greeblies. I can demonstrate this at the next meeting if you like. I’ll bring along a suitable MOC to show what I mean. If we have the meeting at my place, I could demonstrate its use on the Empyrean Flame...

This was my second attempt at creating a ship for these guys. The first looked like a brick vacuum with jets, so I destroyed it in disgust.

Don’t be so quick to knock the brick vacuum shape! It’s all about where you stick the jets on. Hmmmmm... *muses*...

Cheers,