 Space / 28346
Re: Vintage Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:57:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:
   This is an early design mecha that was developed before a stable walking system was devised. This one is still in use, many years after the majority of those of a similar vintage were scrapped. It is employed as a spaceport support vehicle on far off Pluto where reliability is valued far above elegance. It’s duties include handling cargo, repairing hulls etc, hence the non-spec arm attachments.

This mech grew around the window arrangement. Originally I wanted stumpy legs on it, but went for the treads instead, I think they work well.

brickshelf gallery

PLMKWYT

Allister

Hey Allister!

Man you have really excelled yourself here! This mech catches the feel of maintenance robots beautifully and reminds me of the Aliens Power Loader. Excellent job of the tread system - I think that this is the first time I have enjoyed the use of system treads on a model - the secret must lie in the side panelling. I love the tanks and rear details, and your cool hand design seems right at home here - I felt that it was a bit big on other mechs.

Excellent job - keep up the good work!

Zac