 Space / 28330
Re: The Warrior's Cry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:46:38 GMT

   I looked over this ship - first off, it reminds me of some of Nathan Well’s ships.

Wha--aat??

   Very unique shape, but, honestly, quite ugly.

Strange shapes and prettiness rarely go together.

   But this can be a good thing.

I hope so.

   Some of my favorite MOCs have been quite ugly, including several of my own. I think the main problem in your moc is the boxiness. A Box is the best way for a LEGO spaceship to maximize internal area while minimizing brick usage - but that route is dangerous.

Tell me about it.

Lenny, I think this ship reminds you of my U.S.S. Roderik, and to a lesser extent U.S.S. Katheryn. I agree they are not that awesome, but I wanted to build a large ship (after seeing your EBKD Kalashnikov) and those two ships were the best I could do. I’ve found out now that multicolored ships, especially big ones, are not generally excepted in .space. Observing that, I have moved on to building ships with a black-dark gray or gray-dark gray color scheme, as you will soon see in my upcoming Starship game RIFT.

I am not offended by your above remark, just moderately miffed.

(sorry about the rant and all)