 Space / 28139
Re: Three new Wipeout MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:16:15 GMT

   Alexander, These look pretty good- I’m not familiar with the game, but the shapes are pleasing enough.

But WHY would you cut up so many good pieces for one specific model? If you really want the model that accurate, may I suggest polystyrene kitbashing and scratch-building?

I believe the joy and challenge of LEGO bricks is to use the parts they offer and come as close as possible to the shape of your original (real or envisioned).

I’m getting the impression that you are envisioning me doing something just completely above and beyond radical here. I don’t know why people freak out whenever I mention cut-out parts. I am not doing anything THAT radical. The most “severe” thing I’ve done was cut out one left and one right 2 x 10 wedge plate from a couple of old 7 x 12 wings for my AG-systems ship and it gets less severe from there. I needed a few (three to be exact) 1 x 1 clickable hinges instead of the standard issue 1 x 2 which couldn’t fit into the feisar’s chaises (Believe me, I tried and I couldn’t do it without blowing away it’s proper proportions), and I needed plenty of 2 x 3 wedges in colors like blue, yellow and red. Lego only has them in grey, so rather than go through the trouble of painting them or having to live with a yellow, blue and grey color scheme, (yuk!) I cut 3 x 4 wedges in the colors I need in half. As we all know, they are a penny a dozen. These are relativly minor and petty things, and it doesn’t detract from the spirit of lego, IMO.