 Space / 28189
Re: Non-genuine LEGO MOCs (Was Re: Three new Wipeout MOCs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:34:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Alexander Johnston wrote:

I’m disappointed that you imply that the community is at fault for not helping you. I also fail to understand how we’re supposed to design our version of such a model according to your subjective criteria for “pulling it off”. We’d have to use our own criteria... not surprisingly, this would involve not modifying the bricks. After all, that’s what this is all about - your modelling criteria not being in concordance with ours. Anyone who feels otherwise should speak up!

I don’t think it’s the communities fault. All I’m saying is if you have suggestions on improvment, tell me. Don’t just complain.

   But you’re no stranger to hypocrisy, obviously - how ironic (especially as I wasn’t really insulting you). But anyway...

I know you weren’t insulting me. I was refering to Arnie’s comments. Also, I’m not exactly sure where I was being hypocritical, but if you say so.......

   For example, when I built the engine bell for the feisar craft, 2 x 2 hinges wouldn’t fit. Bottom line. No amount of skill could have fixed that problem.

Not even doubling the scale of the craft?... there, I just gave you a completely reasonable construction/methodology suggestion - sounds like it would work a treat too! :-)

While the thought did occure to me, I’m not able to build to your criteria of massive capital ships and UCS models. I don’t have the money or the resources. However, I’m not about to condemn your work, which is really cool by the way, simply because I personally cannot do the same.

   In this respect we’re just going to have to agree to disagree.

Oh no, I have too many counter-arguments on standby for that. Is this off-topic.debate material? I’m trying to be as educational as possible...

So far, the only thing you’ve shown me is some made up psuedo-religious dogma that is supposed to dictate how I can and cannot build lego models. “Some people won’t be able to build your craft!” you say because the are completely unable to cut a mere four parts for the feisar and even fewer than that with the others. If that’s the case, they are either in a coma or they’re too young to wield a knife.

I am unable to build your models. It’s not due to lack of ability, you’ve just built them so they would cost way to much for me and indeed many other people to build. Therefor, your work sucks. That doesn’t sound right does it?

If it will make you feel better (which I doubt), my wipeout models are the only models that use cut out parts. Not even that, actually. Only 3 of my wipeout models use them. My others don’t. I really don’t know what else to say other that if a mere 2 or 3 non-lego parts under the hood of a model is enough to turn your head 360 degrees and have you screaming away from it in terror, then I apologize. However that’s not my problem.