 Space / 27423
  New MOC: Quark

During my first-ever sorting frenzy in the early half of this year, my mind wandered enough to slap brick together once again. Ah, the good old days. In the midst of sort stages 1 & 2, I came up with the Quark: (URL) The Quark, billed as "The Segway (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) And, 3) My html sucks worse than my lighting: I didn't use deep links. This is what I get for doing my first MOC posting in the middle of the night *sigh* -nk (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

If only they could come in matchstick boxes... Fradel (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) For some reason, I thought Sneary had made these. Hmm. Love how it fits in the storage box. -Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks (URL) "Adopt a fleebnork. They're DYING!" -Sally Struthers (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) Nick, this is cool. I always love small itty bitty MOCs with big taste, and this fits the bill. Neat construction, and I like the different color schemes. Very cool how it fits in a box. :-) (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) GA, Thanks for the misplaced kudos! They sure are swell. Sadly, not mine. My .spacers have to ride around in big, clunky refits. Sneary Secondary Systems (URL) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) (URL) (...) I saw this in a BF folder and liked it then. Well, I like it more now. An excellent, compact design Nick. I think what makes it work for me is the fig on an angle....looks fast. Cheers, -Gil (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) Probably because I set up shop between Aaron and Joe Meno, .space Paparazzi. It's all about time slots & product placement, even in the future, baby. (Goulet) (...) Thanks Mark. A pleasant surprise, rather than a design constraint - but I'll (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) Thanks Chris. One of the pluses (plusses? plus'? +'s?) of working small is being able to reuse the design over and over, in regards to color and as part of larger builds. And, shoving it into a box attached to a larger ship. -nk (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) Thanks, Gil. Actually, the fig angle is what prompted me to come up with the explanation of the hover-thingies. A BF attendee asked how the propulsion worked if the fig pulls up on the unit like that.... and I said "uh......". But that's why (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) -snip- (...) -snip- I dunno Nick, until Steve Jobs proclaims that cities (or should that be spacestations?) will be built around it, I'm just not buying it. j/k Cool MOC, you packed a lot into such a small frame. (URL) Mladen Pejic> (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) I really like this little bugger. Perhaps the Jr.Marshalate will be looking into a new personal troop transport.. hmmm? of course, it will need a big gun to slap on it. >:) -Lenny (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) Jobs, schmobs. We have a Moonbase to mobilize! (3 URLs) (...) Thanks for the compliments, Mladen! -nk (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) The Jr. Marshalate actually made it to the unveiling, representing the Eastern Block: (URL) .... but he didn't stick around long enough to meet The Goulet. You know, it strikes me that the "Original" Quark (left) is in Eastern Block colors. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

"Nick Kappatos" <nkappatos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HK44vJ.p9n@lugnet.com... (...) mind (...) I'm lame, and need to catch up on new MOCs. You know I love this thing. It's tiny and weird and well thought out. I think the main thing that (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) 8< snip >8 (...) Good stuff, Nick, well played indeed. I like this little Quark. So I went off and built myself one, but not red, blue, yellow, or white. I built myself a tan one, oh yes I did. Here we see my Quark : (URL) Thats all folks. Dr. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) Thanks Jon! Actually, this evolved from a "stand up & hold on" phase I was in at age 11, when I first got a hold of control sticks & the yoke piece from 6802: (URL) It was great to hang out with you too (all you guys, in fact; you know who you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) Well, gee, I thought I replied to this. Oops. Anyways, being the person who displayed beside you at Brickfest, I can say that you did more with a few parts than I did with a lot...I have a little envy of that talent! And one of many reasons I (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) Tim, glad you like it! I saw this on BrickShelf the other day and thought "cool"... -nk (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Quark

(...) Thanks for the compliments Joe! But I gotta say "I learned it from watching YOU" (all you guys). Crawling out of the Collecting "Dark Age", and into the Building Renaissance years, won't be easy without talents like yours to be inspired by (or (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)