 Space / 27423
New MOC: Quark
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 07:30:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

During my first-ever sorting frenzy in the early half of this year, my mind wandered enough to slap brick together once again. Ah, the good old days.

In the midst of sort stages 1 & 2, I came up with the Quark:

The Quark, billed as “The Segway of the Stars”, is an interplanetary hover rover/scooter designed for quick visual recon missions. It is also sold commercially as a recreation vehicle, a cross between a jet ski & a Vespa scooter.

The Quark is compact, and fits easily into the latest storage devices:

The landing gear contains a small sensor array & a data recorder, which are deployed forward when in use:

The Quark is piloted using controls & throttles in the handles and footpegs (which are also used for landing). Hover/flight is produced by three attract/repulse arrays; 1 large directional repulsor mounted beneath, and two front-mounted discs:

Color schemes, left-to-right - Original, Classic, Blacktron, PCS:

Here’s a satisfied rider shaking hands with The Man, Robert Goulet, at the Quark’s unveiling.... just because:

Post moderation:

PLMKWYT
Nick Kappatos

ps - Ok, I’m aware of the following:
1) This is probably the largest ratio of text-to-brick for a MOC announcement ever. Sorry. I just wanted to explain it all up front.
2) My lighting SUCKS, and not just a little. Any picture with flash reflection, assume it’s a nearby star or something. I’m working on a better-lit photo area.