 Space / 273
Re: Need ideas for vehicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:48:37 GMT

Thanks to all who have responded. I have heard quite a few new ideas which
intrigue me to say the least. I would also like to thank Lawrence for the
pictures of his vehicle. I will be giving them a closer look as time goes on.

I have decided this much since my last posting; It will be a military vehicle
with recon capabilities. That way I can use some other small robots that I
have created. I am considering adding a second function in addition to the
recon capabilities, but haven't made up my made what it is yet. I will give
everyones ideas some time to sink in during my commute home tonight.

Thanks a million,

Duane

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
I am currently in the concept phase of another project which hopefully is
successful. (The last one is still in the process of disintegrating on my
worktable)

I am working on a large minifig ground vehicle. I am thinking roughly 45 x 16
studs for a basic chassis size. I already have the cockpit and crew quarters
(for four) layed out, as well as most of the chassis design. The chassis will
include working independant suspension and rack and pinion steering.

What I need is a purpose for the vehicle. I have roughly half of the length
accounted for, the other half is still open. I experimented with a geological
research vehicle some time ago, but it got too complicated. (maybe it was
just me) Other ideas I have played with are:

Exploratory
Cargo Transport
Military (offensive)
Military (defensive)
Scout

Does anyone have any other ideas that I could use?

Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Duane