 Space / 249
Re: Need ideas for vehicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 00:48:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
What I need is a purpose for the vehicle. I have roughly half of the length
accounted for, the other half is still open. I experimented with a geological
research vehicle some time ago, but it got too complicated. (maybe it was
just me) Other ideas I have played with are:

Exploratory
Cargo Transport
Military (offensive)
Military (defensive)
Scout

Well, you covered the bases pretty well, though after a moment of thought..
1. Mobile Terraforming Unit - deploys funky terraforming machinery here and
there, and houses scientists to repair/monitor progress in a certain radius)
2. Mobile Medical Outpost - in M*A*S*H they used to have first aid stations
right on the front lines which could be moved, but in this case the station
itself could be very mobile; it could also double as an OR, and/or big
ambulance)
3. Mobile Vacation Home - for the future family that has everything; rent one
of these to go driving around exploring another planet on your vacation)
4. (similar to #3) Galactic President's Mobile Vehicle - from here, the Prez
can move about cities in the middle of a huge armored car; also serves as a
mobile office and quarters for the Prez and his Secret Servicemen)

I wish I could see some of your stuff.

-Tom McD.
when replying, looking into the spamcake, I see Billy, and Susie, and Freddy,
and Alice...