 Space / 251
Re: Need ideas for vehicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 07:23:48 GMT

I once built a big land vehicle. I made up this story for it:

In the far, far away galaxies, lies a planet known as Desertron. It is an
almost dead planet. The surface consists of 100% sand. Huge sand-storms rage
over the sandy surface, and the atmosphere is barely breathable. Those who
live there are space travellers who crashed there. The planet contains huge
caves full with diamonds, and that is what the Desertrons do for a living.
New ships crash all the time, so they have to have something to locate them.
That´s where my vehicle comes in. It has a radar, a double cockpii similar
to the one in the Galactic Mediator, a small spacecraft, and six huge
wheels.

--Tobias

I am currently in the concept phase of another project which hopefully is
successful. (The last one is still in the process of disintegrating on my
worktable)

I am working on a large minifig ground vehicle. I am thinking roughly 45 x • 16
studs for a basic chassis size. I already have the cockpit and crew • quarters
(for four) layed out, as well as most of the chassis design. The chassis • will
include working independant suspension and rack and pinion steering.

What I need is a purpose for the vehicle. I have roughly half of the length
accounted for, the other half is still open. I experimented with a • geological
research vehicle some time ago, but it got too complicated. (maybe it was
just me) Other ideas I have played with are:

Exploratory
Cargo Transport
Military (offensive)
Military (defensive)
Scout

Does anyone have any other ideas that I could use?

Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Duane