 Space / 25945
Re: Snub Fighter.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:18:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Allister McLaren wrote:
   Hi all,

I would like to present this small fighter for your viewing pleasure.

   I’m a fan of many elements of this Allister. Of course, the Bionicle smooshing is the best...the shoulder guards, blades etc, but I really like how they’ve been mounted...all at different or opposing vectors, on angles and so forth. The engine cluster is just marvy, as is the hinge on the canopy.

Thanks. I’m really warming to the Bionicle parts. They make a model look so unlegoey.

My only criticism? The tired old horse of making the canopy ‘airtight’. This canopy is particularily tough to work this into and I really like the angle of it, making the seal nigh impossible to attain.

Tell me about it. I reckon I spent at least a third of the time building this just trying to get the canopy into the position I wanted. Sealing it up was out of the question. I have improved that slightly though - see my reply to Mark.

   In no way does this take anything away from the super slick look of it however...a nice piece of work, sir. :)

Thanks again.

Allister