 Space / 25792
Re: MOC: Puffin Personal Runabout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:58:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:

Still waiting for that big ship you keep threatening to build :),

Curse you and your stenographic memory, Allister. :)

   but in the meantime your small stuff is second to none IMNSHO, and this is no exception. I like the ‘verticalness’ of this one, and the jack stone parts fit in very nicely as intakes. I’d hardly call that cockpit ‘luxurious’ though ;).

Well done. Personally I find small mocs like this quite difficult. I tend to keep adding bits until it blows out to 50 studs long and hudreds of parts. I admire how you keep the part count and the size down, but still manage to come up with something unique and ccol. And yellow/gray is a nice colour combo (almost as nice as yellow/dark grey ;)

You are far too kind, sir...my thanks for the kudos. This guy was really a short little excercise to just get to build SOMETHING. Other events have been gobbling up my time recently so the bricktime has been almost zilch. However, things are in motion that should be lending to a larger, sustained build.

Yeah, yeah...tell us another one, Shaw.

BTW, I think you are too hard on yourself with the small builds. The Prawn? Come on! That thing is da bomb!

Cheers, -G