 Space / 25541
Re: One improved Lionfish, two new MOCs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 03:03:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Saada wrote:

This edition makes an excellent ship superior. ;) As Gil said:
   A great choice to make the dorsal fin double sides so all the studs aren’t all on one side. I think this is my fave so far.
I totally agree. I see the sphenoid could not be rounded out but I think the other new parts help shroud it’s boxyness; plus, the repetitious grill texture in that area works very well (didn’t notice it last time). I came across the Lionfish2 folder the other day but didn’t peek. I’m sure pleased with the update.

You and JHK had a pretty valid point about the lack of roundness, so I did he best I could on the neck (which is a marked improvement) and found wedge parts for the body. The great side result was that I was able to put a plate on the bottome so I can attach it to a stand. The dorsal fin is a big improvement, but give credit to Paul Baulch for that:)

PCS Walker:

This thing is pretty sweet. Overall great form. Reminds me of my alternate ReconMechSP walker seen here: Folder. Great minds think alike. ;P Congrats on your admittance to the PCSlabs staff! I too like the pick the Admiral selected. Excellent repulsor lift “flaps”. The only criticism I have is to change the front “nose” slope in some way. I think the dark grey does not read PCS as much as a light grey one would. Another option would be a 2x3 brick with curved edge.

Yours is a heck of lot simpler, which I envy:). You’re right about the nose slope, and I’ll probably change it to light gray or black (I’m a rebel:)) The legs are a pain to work with in making the craft stand, so much so I’m considering replacing the legs with weapons pods.

MOC 3

RX-24 (Rex) from Star Tours

Rex is awesome! What a fantastic head design! Actually made me stop for a sec to ponder the eyes.

Happy accident. Really. I was trying to figure out the eyes, and found the binocs, and then found the Rock Raider helmet and took another cuple of days to figure out how they would be held together.

Keep it up! I would suggest giving the production PCS [witty acronym of your choice] Mecha its own thread.

Maybe...after I work up the weapon pods.

Thanks!

Joe Meno: Advanced Projects Designer, PCSLabs

thorn§

GardenSLUG

PS > Interesting: A ] without its partner makes all text following bold.

That’s not noted on the reference. Odd.