 Space / 25535
Re: One improved Lionfish, two new MOCs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:25:12 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Joe Meno wrote:
   Hi all,

After some comments on my Lionfish, I revised it to be more organic:

This is looking very cool now.

Thanks! Your suggestion to make the top fin like the siide fins I originally was not too keen on, mainly because I was thinking of doing only one plate and all the spines from that, which meant that the studs would be seen on one side. I figured that I would solve that problem if I did a two sided fin like the final result, but I was making each spine align under its opposite. Looked kinda limp then, but when I spread each spine on its won, it came alive! Thanks for your advice!

MOC 2:

PCS Walker:

The vehicle looks good in both modes! Well done. I was going to say nice authentic PCS look too, but I’m not sure what qualifications are required to say that...

I asked Chris Giddens about that a while ago, and PCS is basically white/light grey in color, and smooth shape on top and complex on the bottom.

And the ship looking good in both modes can be attributed to blind luck:)!

MOC 3

RX-24 (Rex) from Star Tours

Star Tours has been one of my favorite rides at Walt Disney World, so it was a matter of time before I built this droid.

Ahh... nice helmet-and-binoculars combo. I’ll have to remember that one...

Use a tap for the neck...it’s the only piece that fits in the binoculars.

Cheers,

Thanks!

Joe Meno