 Space / 25537
Re: One improved Lionfish, two new MOCs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:38:52 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Joe Meno wrote:
   Hi all,

After some comments on my Lionfish, I revised it to be more organic:

Joe,

This edition makes an excellent ship superior. ;) As Gil said:
   A great choice to make the dorsal fin double sides so all the studs aren’t all on one side. I think this is my fave so far.
I totally agree. I see the sphenoid could not be rounded out but I think the other new parts help shroud it’s boxyness; plus, the repetitious grill texture in that area works very well (didn’t notice it last time). I came across the Lionfish2 folder the other day but didn’t peek. I’m sure pleased with the update.

PCS Walker: Folder

This is a multiterrain scout vehicle capable of flying to a destination, then deploying its legs to walk. The primary drive is on a axis, allowing it to vector its thrust for landing and flight.

This thing is pretty sweet. Overall great form. Reminds me of my alternate ReconMechSP walker seen here: Folder. Great minds think alike. ;P Congrats on your admittance to the PCSlabs staff! I too like the pick the Admiral selected. Excellent repulsor lift “flaps”. The only criticism I have is to change the front “nose” slope in some way. I think the dark grey does not read PCS as much as a light grey one would. Another option would be a 2x3 brick with curved edge.

MOC 3

RX-24 (Rex) from Star Tours

Rex is awesome! What a fantastic head design! Actually made me stop for a sec to ponder the eyes.

Keep it up! I would suggest giving the production PCS [witty acronym of your choice] Mecha its own thread.

-ªþ§

GardenSLUG

PS > Interesting: A ] without its partner makes all text following bold.