 Space / 24374
Re: The Mystery Deepens...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:42:00 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:

   (*returns salute*)

Thank you, Mr. Hennen, for your opinion. Your suggestion is being debated by the committee. With any luck a decision will be made within a year. (*scowls*). However, the probe has not attacked us, and it is against T-SEC protocol to shoot down an unarmed vessel doing no harm to anyone. Hopefully, the aliens are friendly, and we will be able to communicate with them directly.

Sir (*salutes*), I have a suggestion. Why not peacefully (I hope) take over the ship if there is no negotiations with the aliens. If there are negotiations, ask them if we can check it out for technologies (you can correct me if I’m being too nosy).

   (*switches out of Admiral Wells alter-ego and into Nathan*)

The Terrans is just my little space community I made up. It’s basically the equivalent to Starfleet Command from Star Trek. T-SEC stands for Terran Space Exploration Corporation, the successor to NASA. THDC stands for Terran Home Defense Committee and is similar to the US Homeland Security Department. Terran is the name given to all life forms born on Earth (I hate the name Earthling). Also, Terran comes from the word terra, which means ‘earth’.

Ah, I see.

   (*switches out of Nathan and into alter-ego Admiral Wells*)

Memo to me: this Hennen is made of Captain stuff. Must discuss promotion with committee.

^ ^” (Sweating Emoticon) but I was only in the LSF for six days Adrimal Wells. Thank you for your concern.

heh. And I haven’t eaten a donut in 4 years.....