 Space / 24370
Re: The Mystery Deepens...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 17:25:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dean R. Hennen wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   the first dataphoto - more to come.

The Terran Home Defense Committee has acquired three more dataphotos.

(*remains an attentive posture*) Ades Adrimal.

(*Attentive posture breaks*) Good gravy! (*pauses for a minute*)

Has the fleet sent any ships to investigate this Adrimal? I advise you should go and capture that probe. There may be new technologies on board that alien probe ^ ^. It may be very valuable. I say investigate and capture at once.

Thank you Adrimal.

Cheers (*salutes*)

C/O Dean Hennen

P.S. Nathan, I don’t really know about the Terran and etc. stuff so correct me if I am wrong on some issues.

(*returns salute*)

Thank you, Mr. Hennen, for your opinion. Your suggestion is being debated by the committee. With any luck a decision will be made within a year. (*scowls*). However, the probe has not attacked us, and it is against T-SEC protocol to shoot down an unarmed vessel doing no harm to anyone. Hopefully, the aliens are friendly, and we will be able to communicate with them directly.

(*switches out of Admiral Wells alter-ego and into Nathan*)

The Terrans is just my little space community I made up. It’s basically the equivalent to Starfleet Command from Star Trek. T-SEC stands for Terran Space Exploration Corporation, the successor to NASA. THDC stands for Terran Home Defense Committee and is similar to the US Homeland Security Department. Terran is the name given to all life forms born on Earth (I hate the name Earthling). Also, Terran comes from the word terra, which means ‘earth’.

(*switches out of Nathan and into alter-ego Admiral Wells*)

Memo to me: this Hennen is made of Captain stuff. Must discuss promotion with committee.