 Space / 23628
Re: MOC Preview (feedback?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 20:43:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
Wow, that is a great MOC.  The shape is really original and cool.  And the
greeblies are really superb.  Great job.  I like the cramped, control-ridden
canopy too.  And the round engine part is a classic.
Thanks for the critique.

As for the type of craft... I think it being a scout ship fits it best, with
a big bulbous canopy, really huge engine and little else, I think it works
best in that role.
Cool, another suggestion, another day of thinking it over ;)

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman writes:
Nice work Bruce.  I must have stared at the mid-section for 5 minutes.
Great detailing.  I also liked the cockpit interior.  You have accomplished
in what my humble opinion is the hardest thing about spaceship design, a
unique shape.  Very well done.
Thanks a lot, Keith!
The greebling did take a while to do, and I'm almost happy with the result.
I have to restart the back section of it before I take pictures for my website.

In lugnet.space, Steve Hickman writes:
Nicely, done.  I completely agree with everyone else that the greebling is
first class.  I also lke the cockpit canopy design.  Until now, I really
haven't liked any cockpit made with the Underwater alpha team type canopy.
Your's is the first.
Cool. Though someone did make a similar design a few weeks ago. Although I
don't remember who.

Given the raw industrial look to the ship, it looks almost like it could fit
into the Pre-Classic Space category.  And along those lines, it looks as if
it is some sort of prototype faster-than-light craft.  Perhaps you have just
built the first Pre-Classic Space ship to break the light barrier.
Thanks, I'm a big fan of the PCS stuff. And that's a neat idea. I'd like to
see what Chris has to say about it, though.

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren writes:
An interesting design very nicely executed, and some sweet greebling. I like
very much.
Where do the batteries go?
Hmm... battery box? ;) Maybe somewhere in the finned section.

In lugnet.space, Jeff Szklennik writes:
WOW! so original & ROUND!  It's fascinating to study the construction to see
how you got those organic forms.  I'm not sure there's enough greeblies, tho'
;) kidding-looks loaded. (in low sigh: "great greeblie-meeblie")
I'm actually redoing the greeblies in the back, for more support and, well,
more greeblies. :)
Again, thanks a lot to everyone who's responded. I plan to reshoot it within
the next few weeks. I'll be sure to post the final here as soon as it's up.
-Bruce

LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage - http://bruce.kus-numa.net/lego/