 Space / 23627
23626  |  23628
Subject:
Hafteran Embassy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 20:26:10 GMT

No one knows why the Hafterans wanted to open an embassy in the Moonbase.  Most
people thought them to be long-extinct.  But to space they have come, bringing
a . . .unique architectural approach.

The Hafterans mostly keep to themselves.  The corridor they share with the rest
of the Moonbase offers no access to the embassy but one steel-reinforced
oaken door

As an outpost of Haftera, the embassy features their ancient crest prominently
and all Hafterans in the Moonbase wear uniforms at all times.

The embassy flies regular scooter patrols,
and always has at least one person standing watch on the roof

When asked about this, the Hafteran representative asserts that he is a
cameraman, on the lookout for submissions to "Haftera's Funniest Home Videos".
He also explains what appear to be ack-ack guns on the roof as dishs for
satellite television.  Local pilots smile, nod, and keep carefully to their
assigned flight paths.  Questions about the point defense weaponry
or the contents of the Hafteran's large garage go unanswered.

Notes:  This module was constructed for the IndyLUG April/May meetings which
featured (and will feature, next Sunday) several modules from members.

The corridors are six studs wide internally, but the ends are designed to use
adapter rings that can either continue the wider size or shrink to the Moonbase
standard.

Inspiration for the scooters comes from Andy Lynch
http://www.andyandjackie.com/lego/horse.htm

TWS Garrison