 Space / 23570
Re: MOC Preview (UPDATE)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 01:34:24 GMT

Thanks for all the descriptive feedback, guys. I really appreciate it.
In answer to questions/comments:

In lugnet.space, Dave Johann writes:
Nicely done, Bruce! The canopy idea is quite...wonderful! I really like that
detail. Otherthings that
stand out to me: the minifig hands, the RoboRider wheel.

Thank you.
and that black dealie in the bottom left hand side of the last pic. What is
that part? I can't say I've seen that one before.
It's from one of the sliding 8x16 soccer bases. I picked a couple of them up
at BW03 and have been meaning to use them in a MOC since.
Will I get to see it at the next LUGOLA meeting? ;)
You know it!

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:
Great design Bruce, I notice a certain recent influence there with the canopy...
I remember it being used in a recent space MOC with a TIE Fighter windshield
piece. I'd been planning to use them like he did, but he beat me to the punch.
I really like the design, very technically minimalist, cockpit and engine
connected with a thin structure - just the bare essentials.
Mission accomplished.

In lugnet.space, Joe Meno writes:
Nice! I've been trying to figre a new canopy shape for a MOC I am stuck
on...you have a distinctly different look. I like it a lot. The rest of the
ship is cool too, as itt has an industrial look with the greys on it.
Thanks for the positive comments. I'm looking forward to seeing your MOC, too.

In lugnet.space, Soren Roberts writes:
Too cool. This is one nifty ship.
I particularly like the color scheme, very unusual. Your greebling is
exceptional. The finished model is going to be quite a sight.
I've redone the greeblies in the front three or four times now, and I think
I'm happy with the result. The back is a little less detailed and stable, so
I think I'm going to have to redo that (again) for more structural integrity.

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
This looks great Bruce....as I've recently commented, builders that can coax
circular shapes out of the Brick are tops in my book.
Thanks, but I had some help from round/curved pieces. ;)
My MINI scale Death Star is pretty spherical for being made of plates, though.
I've always wanted to try doing the salvaged ship from Titan AE...you model
has given me some inspriation to do so.
Sounds good. Can't wait to see it.

In lugnet.space, Sylvia Tresto writes:
OOOOOH, I wanna see more! Get that new camera working quickly!
I think I might be able to pull off a good photoshoot with my current
camera. See below. (3)
I like the overall design, but it looks more like a deep space explorer than
a racer...
See below, again (1)

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells writes:
That MOC is awesome!  The shape is unique and the color scheme is great
(gotta love sand green!).  Greebling and the canopy get top marks to.

Gracias
PS It looks like anything but a racer, tho.  Maybe a long range research
craft, perhaps?
See below (1)
1. About the type of craft it is, I was thinking a research vessel, but it's
a little small and doesn't have much room for extended living.
Not really a fighter, either; the engine's too big and an easy target. I
also didn't put any guns on it.
I could only see it as being a racer from there, hence the superfluous (yet
still cool) engine, and the uncovered "fueselage" area...
Any other suggestions on what (/what else) it could fit as? I'm still open
to ideas.
As for the names suggested, both "The Essex" and "Starrunner," I like them
both a lot, but they fit better with different vessel types. Thanks a lot,
I'll be sure to give them great consideration.

2. As for the color scheme, thanks for the feedback on both ends. I
personally like sand green with black; afterall, I started it with that
scheme in mind.

3. UPDATE - I reshot the pictures. They're higher quality, bigger, and
there's more of them. You can see the engines and inside the cockpit now.
Enjoy!
http://bruce.kus-numa.net/lego/preview.html

Again, thanks to everyone who's given feedback on this. Now I have to
release it. :)
-Bruce

LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage - http://bruce.kus-numa.net/lego/