 Space / 23458
Re: Classic Space Lunar Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 02:20:58 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

Here's a little vehicle I made last week, my Classic Space Lunar Explorer:
http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/misc/space/buggy/buggy.html

(snip)

You know this looks waaayyy too much like the old Lost in Space Chariot to
leave alone!! Pretty cool!

I thought about putting the door in the back, but that made it really
impossible to photograph the interior or move guys around, plus, the two
Classic Space vehicles I cited above also have whole walls that swing open to
reveal the interior.

That's one of the details that I really like about this...that and the
overall smoothness of the Explorer.

One cheat, the tank treads are actually from a clone brand.  -hangs head in
shame-  I don't have any true Lego treads.

Well, if you had, it would have been half the length...Lego treads on their
own are short, unless you get the Technic treads, but still...you have more
courage than me:)

Joe Meno

Bruce