 Space / 23489
Re: Classic Space Lunar Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 19:15:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:

The only thing I would consider changing
is the color of the trans elements.  I don't know if those windshields are
available in dark trans green or trans yellow, but if they are one of those
would be more Classic.

Thanks.  I agree on the color.  I just don't have any of that piece in trans
yellow or trans green (are they even made in that color?).  I did consider a
design using two of this slope:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3939
which I do have in trans yellow, but the shape didn't fit right.

I will ignore the clone bits for the sake of diplomacy.  :)

Thanks.  I was actually pretty bummed when I originally got these.  I bid on an
e-bay auction of "Lego vehicles" in part because one of the vehicles in the
picture had these tank treads.  Then when I got the order I found that that was
actually a clone brand (plus one of the other vehicles was glued) :( .  Not my
happiest e-bay experience.  But, oh well.  I'm not such a purist that I threw
them out, so they found a home here.

Bruce