 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1067
1066  |  1068
Subject:
Classic Space Lunar Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 19:04:46 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

Here's a little vehicle I made last week, my Classic Space Lunar Explorer:
http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/misc/space/buggy/buggy.html

I think of this as being in a line of vehicles with Mobile Tracking Station 452
and Mobile Lab 6091:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/452_1
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6901_1

The design started with the roof.  I was looking at those two odd slope pieces
from the Millenium Falcon:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2876
and thought they'd make a great roof.  I wanted to make it studless, and also
put on some sort of radar or weapon.  Then I moved to the windshield.  First I
tried the bubble dome: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/x102 but that didn't
look right, so I went with two of this car winshield:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3823
I thought about putting the door in the back, but that made it really
impossible to photograph the interior or move guys around, plus, the two
Classic Space vehicles I cited above also have whole walls that swing open to
reveal the interior.
One cheat, the tank treads are actually from a clone brand.  -hangs head in
shame-  I don't have any true Lego treads.

Bruce