 Space / 22295
Re: Moonbase Corridor 2.0 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 01:40:21 GMT

It just won't match up with the other modules without some type of
adapter, which effectively negates the purpose behind the larger corridor.

-Duane

     While I agree that right now, most people don't use this corridor idea
in their standard, I think it's imoprtant to tell others about it and allow
them the opportunity to expand the standard if they wish in their own
worlds.  If enough adopt the idea, it then becomes interconnectable, as is
the current Moonbase standard.  I believe that it's better to share the
idea, even if nobody ever uses it, and to be open to the possibilities that
new ideas present.
     I like the idea of interconnecting "Jefferies Tubes" between modules.
In the harsh environment of space, it would allow the fragile individual
units to link together in important ways other than pedestrian traffic.
Such an infrastructure would make Hendo's Fusion Power Plant more easily
modelled into the Moonbase group, and would lend itself well to modelling
the more mundane aspects of power, water, sewage, fire suppression,
communications, and so on.  The train tunnel could be used either for
inter-module transportation or for a "behind-the-scenes" maintenance access.
     Simple, but effective.  Good idea, I think.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander