 Space / 21953
Re: Commodore MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 04:35:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Kunce writes:
hey thanks.  I was really proud of how the front end came together to
imitate an older automobile fender.  Seems everyone agrees with the color
problem.  Next MOC is in all grey and white to fit this pcs theme everyone
seems so enamored with.  Although I will state for the record that I think
most mocs that only use two colors are not utilizing the increasingly broad
pallette available to us as builders.

thanks

-tk

hey man.
First I wanted to say that I thought this was a cool moc, and i totally
understand the odd color=lack of parts problem. for a while when i first
arrived at lugnet, i was kinda bothered by how people look down on color
choices because so often they aren't choices.. it's the only color you have.

And i always want to agree with you about the two colors thing.  I know why i
do it.  It's easy.  For years i've dressed myself along this line of reasoning.
a colorful shirt and blue jean pants.. why? because blue jeans go with
everything (except other blue jeans.. simple, don't where a blue-jean shirt!).
i get a job, and know i where colorful shirts with black khakis. why? refer to
what i said about blue jeans.

the same thing holds true for lego.  any color + grey (dk and light count the
same) and you got a color scheme that *works.* deviate from that equation and
it gets difficult.

the problem, i think, is not so much the expanding palette of lego colors but
the limits of lego colors.  i mean, exactly how many colors can really go
together and not look totally lame?

but what is super-lame is going with the color equation and sticking with it
endlessly.  what is super-cool is when people try, fail or succeed, to combine
different colors, like what you did with the Commodore.

and that's what i think is cool.
-lenny