 Space / 21287
  Feedback thoughts

(...) (I have changed the subject line because my post has nothing to do with Dan) I'd hate to see a feedback regression now. Besides, if someone doesn't care what anyone thinks about their work, why the heck are they even bothering to post (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) This has been brought up before. There are those who like to see many responses to their posts, and there are those who prefer quality responses over quantity. Likewise, there are those who prefer criticism and those who just want approval. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) <snipped> Very well said on everything, Joel! :) I would add that we should not equate "honesty" solely with serious or critical remarks that border on being terse and inflammatory. I'm sensing an attitude shift in this group toward (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) <Cartman> Shut up Dan, nobody likes you. </Cartman> To be perfectly honest, yet not terse nor inflammatory, I think you are getting pretty worked up. You've received many positive remarks, and a couple minor negative ones. Despite Jon's (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) I agree. I've had some very useful 'honest' feedback that gave me a lot of great ideas. But I've also seen some responses in which the critical remarks are often like this: 'Sorry, I just don't like it.' This is very unuseful, since the person (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) Note to self: Don't post late at night on no sleep. Note to everyone else: That wasn't what I meant to imply at all, nor did I intend for a whole conversation about the merits of constructive criticism to spring up in response to my measly (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) hi Dan, Well, I obviously agree that 'honest' doesn't equal being terse or inflamatory. If you got that from reading my comments, I really didn't intend that. I think you are applying this thread exclusively to your feelings reguarding (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) ok, thanks for clarifying... I hope you can see why I thought that's what you meant. (...) okay... wait. Only one person in the whole thread made a negative comment without making equally positive comments first. Go look at the responses... if (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) I do agree that people do need to be more expressive on LUGNET pertaining to the way that structures are built on here. Joel is indeed correct here with his choice of words. As for conformity and elitism, however, I can sense the people who (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

Alright... you made your point. Guess I read them with a different tone in my head... dunno. Hope we can just let this drop now... I'm thoroughly tired of discussing it now. On the bright side, I can now say that my first post to Lugnet at least got (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

"Matt Krotzer" <thematt@comcast.net> wrote in message news:HAC3oz.A99@lugnet.com... (...) tired (...) Hey seriously don't worry about it. You're very welcome here. Please don't stop posting now. [ j o n ] -- (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) Conformity and elitism...hmm, this doesn't sound good at all, but I too, have noticed to to a degree. I understand seniority in any forum is inevitable, but it seems to me whenever a lurker hits the scene and showcases a finished model, it (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Feedback thoughts

(...) snip (...) of the Rings project, I was thinking of doing a western in Lego, and might do it in black and white. I hadn't reallized that in addition to giving it an "old" feel, it would also give me total freedom in using odd color schemes to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.space)