 Space / 19466
  .space Crash Course ideas

i am definitely not trying to be a butt, i'm just waaay too swamped to use jon's format for this list of ideas ( :-( ) i don't think it should be so much an area for links to 'the greatest' stuff, but rather a pseudo history and faq of the community (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  more .space Crash Course ideas

ooh, also i think .space crash course should have the three awesome hatches/doors we've seen maddison's cylinder airlock (URL) new hatch (URL) todd's great door on the sighthound site (w/ instructions) (URL) think those are all not only historical (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

along those lines a "Tips and tricks" wouldn't be bad either if we could identify some links of ways of building that are particularly innovative -paul (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

and another thing: let us all vote (w/ a deadline) for 1) top ten builders 2) top ten builds (things) builds could be broken down into ships/moonbases etc -paul (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

How about the top 20? (dang! I want to sneak my way in) (In no order, correct me if I'm wrong) Jon Palmer Gil Shaw Paul Hartzog Chris Giddens Mark Sandlin (Don't know about him anymore! :) Kyle Keppler Jeremy Sproat (don't know about him either) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

I talked to Paul about this after he posted. I'm not really keen on any sort of list like this. I just don't think it's needed. Sorry! [ j o n ] -- | Lego - (URL) Shipyard - (URL) Moonbase - (URL) Store - (URL) Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

Ya, let's not do the top builders thing. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth. A Hall of Fame... maybe, but even there it's tricky. Let's just build and build good space. together... as one big happy space family... and GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!... err. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

Here's a "me too." It's just too close to a ranking system. For those who don't churn out content that often, or have a less refined building style, a Hall of Fame or Top Builders List may seem too exclusive. I would prefer to see something more (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

(...) (cue sound of emerging lurker) Heck yeah! I'd be willing to contribute images and instructions to a project like this. (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

uh yeah, what he said... i jus wanna clarify that i wasn't saying i LIKE this idea. its just an idea. I'm not into competition, and I think of all of us as cooperating and contributing to the general coolness and benefit of .space for all of us "If (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Greebly Database

now that you mention it, the idea has been floating around for a while among some of us website programmers to do a Big .Space Greebly Database like jOn's Galactic Shipyard only for small greebly ideas exclusively. you build a greebly or mini-bot (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

I'm flattered, really, but some of the guys in that list are my gurus. I wouldn't have even put myself in the same league w/ them :-) thx, man -paul (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

(...) [snip] I am still missing one MOC... The infamous SPIFFCRAFT! It started a whole avalange of spin-offs (a herse comes to mind). Unfortunately, I can't find the link to the first post about the spiffcraft :-( Here's one of the newer releases: (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greebly Database

This is an interesting idea, IMO. I would definately find somthing like this useful, and would love to contribute the little that I have to offer in the field of engreeblement. Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

(...) I believe that the first Spiffcraft post was this one: (URL) more little update' that got two replies. I guess they didn't know what they would be in for! :) -JHK (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greebly Database

That would be cool! I like the idea. Somebody could just host a site on Ozbricks, or on their own website. If you had an idea that you liked, or if you saw somebody else do a cool design, you would e-mail the website owner with links and (...) (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Greebly Database

(...) my site was all dynamic and db-driven (same engine as kyle's (URL) ) but the pics are @ my brickshelf (URL) are some missing but i'll get them uploaded soon :-) -paul (22 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

Here is a prototype docking port airlock passageway I created for the moonbase modules: (URL) main feature is its ability to function as a passageway between modules when the airlock is not needed. It is intended for semi-permanent connection (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

(...) Looks good. Could we have some more shots to see how it works? Nathan Wells (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more .space Crash Course ideas

Don't hold your breath. I need a better camera. Its really pretty simple. 2x2 turntable on the bottom and the top is held in place with 4 3x3 triangular plates. Top has 2x2 round and 2x2 square plates to make a knob to turn it. HTH (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)