 Space / 1756
  Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

What does everybody think of Microfig creations? I personally love them because they're so detailed and cost-efficient. With 3,000 assorted pieces, you couldn't build a large ship in Minifig scale, but you could build a whole armada in Microfig (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

In lugnet.space, Bill Jackson writes: <snip> (...) Check here (URL) -Duane (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) I personally don't like them -- a minifigure scale model takes much more time and effort -- and if you build one to scale, like my B-1B Lancer model is, people will revere you, and worship you... (at least, for all the effort I put into my (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

In lugnet.space, Bill Jackson writes: <snip> (...) </snip> Huh? Since when is microfig more detailed? Perhaps you mean to say that you can afford to have more extensive "features" on your ship, like multiple fighter bays and cannon batteries and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) more time (...) You deserve worship? Maybe you could post some pics and we can decide if we want to worship you. ;^) ~Mark (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  B-1B Lancer

(...) put (...) Yes I do :^p (...) What timing. My pictures I've already taken -- they are getting developed. In fact, they ARE developed, I merely need to go pick them up -- which I will do, today, around 6 PM EST time. (URL) is my Lego website -- (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) Ha. If you're building models for the popularity and admiration, you're doing it for all the wrong reasons. Ultimately, you will be disappointed. Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) I disagree. Detail doesn't necessarily entail a 1500-button command display on the bridge. Effectiveness doesn't necessarily require a large scale. Part of the lure of microfig-scale building is trying to capture the essense of something in as (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) I don't build models for popularity -- I build 'em for fun, and for my website. Building Lego models isn't going to get me ahead in life -- it is just a hobby. Specifically, a FUN (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) I don't build models for popularity -- I build 'em for fun, and for my website. Building Lego models isn't going to get me ahead in life -- it is just a hobby. Specifically, a FUN hobby. I think you misunderstood me -- by popular, I meant (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

In lugnet.space, Jeremy H. Sproat writes: <snip> (...) display (...) I didn't say that effectiveness required a large scale... just fine detail. (...) challenge (...) </snip> Indeed, and by definition, "minimalist" means that it has less detail. But (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) I always perceived it to mean using fewer component parts. (...) Me too. Must be something in the water today. :-, Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) I love 'em! (...) Yes and no. I mean, look at this <part:4073 microfig escape pod>. It's not exactly what you can call *detailed*. Hey, I didn't create that model. I think Sproat did. Steve (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) Wow. I agree with most everything you said, but I disagree at the same time. I dunno how to verbalize it just yet. Perhaps it's that I feel "drawn" to model in microfig scale, and intimidated (mostly due to cost and number of pieces) by (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

I always have enjoyed modeling in both scales. After finishing my largest microfig ship to date (DS-4, (URL) I got started doing a bunch of minifig scale blacktron stuff. I'll probably do another large microfig scale ship afterwards. To tell you the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

Sproaticus wrote in message <38EA1F64.6D7A7A51@io.com>... (...) challenge (...) You seem to be implying that minimalism is something that happens especially in microfig-scale. I don't think that it is. It can be applied at any scale, and I can just (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks

(...) I like it more. As for whether it's inspiring, that's always a given. Whether I can deliver on that inspiration is something totally different. :-, Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

Sproaticus wrote in message <38EB618E.57BD1DC9@io.com>... (...) time. (...) someone (...) But what does that mean, "more appreciate it"? You mean, you like it more? It's more inspiring? I find it less inspiring myself, but that's mainly because of (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)