 Space / 1759
Re: Microfig Creations and Karim Nassar's Pallas Spaceworks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:31:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bill Jackson writes:

<snip>

Why spend nearly $1,000 building one of these huge Minfig
creations that takes maybe a year or two to build when you could build a
smaller, more detailed version of it for $100 or less?

</snip>

Huh? Since when is microfig more detailed? Perhaps you mean to say
that you can afford to have more extensive "features" on your ship, like
multiple fighter bays and cannon batteries and such. Details are things
like the insides of engine compartments, mess halls, and Starship
command bridges. You just can't do these things as effectively with
microfig creations.

But don't get me wrong, I love microfig creations, and I think they have
their own merits, since you can afford to give them a greater sense of
scale. I don't think this makes them any better or any worse than Minifig
scale, however.