 Space / 1698
Re: Microfig scale (Was Re: future BRICK updated (sorta))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:18:32 GMT

"Paul Baulch" <paul@vic.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

Joel Kuester wrote in message ...

must...fight...urge to...build in...microfig scale...

I also find myself reluctant to build at microfig scale, but I've found that
it comes in especially handy for design prototypes. One method for inventing
new designs that I've come to like is to give myself a handful of reasonably
generic pieces [1] and build a microfig-scale model to use as a prototype
for a minifig-scale one.

...I made a micro-fig scale escort using 1x1 round bricks with a
couple round plates on top = 1 minifig. It made for some interesting
design delimas but was fun too (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain click on
the Intuise). I'm wanting to start a micro-fig scale destroyer this
weekend (overall prolly about 32 studs long).

Here's a couple of prototypes that I made using
pieces from specific SW sets:

http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/droidf-alt.jpg     (640x396, 73K)
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/sbikes-alt.jpg     (640x480, 93K)

...Cool use of parts. I like the bikes, looks like one mean main gun
there :-)

Anyway, I guess it's time I got back to work writing my new web page. While
the digital camera was plugged in I thought I might take a piccy of my room,
a picture being worth a thousand words and all that:
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/room.jpg       (800x600, 167K)
Showing what I've got, how I store it, and what'll be on my website when
it's updated.... ;-)

...That giant white ship is great! cant wait to see more pics of it!

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
wildlink.com