 Space / 16519
Re: Rapid Growth of Moonbase (was: New MOC: Retail Style Moonbase Module)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 00:04:31 GMT

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Is it just me or has this idea caught on faster and stronger than any • other
idea ever posted here? Up till now, the 1592 variations had that honor I
think, but the modules are flying fast and furious (well, they don't FLY,
they are modules but you know what I mean) and getting better and • better!!!!

Besides what Jude said (anyone can build one), I think the 48x48
footprint is helping speed the process because it limits the more
advanced builders.  Before, you'd get started on a project, and keep
building, and making it bigger, and adding more areas, and keep
building, and etc.  With the Moonbase, each 48x48 area is one unit, and
you can only build what you can build in that one unit.

Steve

Heh, I find it limits us in quite the opposite way - I've never built
anything near the size of a 48x48 baseplate!  It's quite a challenge for me
to get all the pieces I need.  Actually, I'm building mine in stages: design
one part, put it into LDraw, design the next part, put that into LDraw...

Definitely a worthy challenge though!

        -- Tom