 Space / 16441
New MOC: Retail Style Moonbase Module
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:24:56 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

I'd like to present my new MOC (well, not exactly mine, since Shiri built it
with me.  Yes, you heard me right, Castle Dutchess is playing with spacemen).

This is a generic 4-hall module with a McDonald's, a LEGO costume shop, a
bathroom, an elevator, and a bus stop.  Highlights include the elevator and
airlock door mechanisms.  There's a little tour at

http://xcalabur.topcities.com/spacecraft/moonbase01.html

This walks you thru the entire module.

Some additional notes:

I'd like to get some kind of organized system of travel (like the current
monorail ideas), only with the MBTA (MoonBase Transit Authority).  i.e., bus
stops.  I'm in the process of LDrawing the bus and making instructions so
others can build them and have bus stops around the base.  I'd really like
feedback on this idea - it'd be really cool if we could do something like this.

PLUKWYT!

-Chris and Shiri

P.S. - Jon, stick this on classic-space.com - it'll definitely be at BF '03!