 Space / 13059
Re: lego changed molds (?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:44:02 GMT

I know others know much, much more on this subject than me, however;

Lots of parts have had minor changes over the years.  Take a look at any
given piece from years ago and now and you should notice a few things.  I
just grabbed an inverted 2x2 slope for example: The older one has thicker
front studs than the newer one, the numbers are different (I know some of my
other older parts just say "pat pen"), and the newer one has ribbing inside
the bottom.
I've also noticed that my older parts stick together with a 'snap' and my
newer ones sort of push together.  Impovements over the years I'm sure.
I know the numbers on the bricks are used for categorizing but I don't know
how the codes work exactly.  I suspect this link would help.
http://www.peeron.com/inv/master.txt

As for why Lego does it.  Dunno.  Makes for a better brick I suppose.
Helps?

Mark Neumann