 Space / 13043
Re: lego changed molds / re-engineered parts, part II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:39:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
He's talking about the 1x2 "laser" piece with the 2 bars on it.  The bars on
the older version were inline with the plate and had rounded ends.

   Ah.  Okay.  I've noticed that too.  I think it has something to do with
   the ability to mount them in tighter spaces; I've noticed that the newer
   sort have bars exactly 2 studs long, and if you put the plate on another
   plate over an even larger plate, the bars don't prevent it in the newer
   sort, while the older ones would prevent the studs from locking tight.
   (They were too low on the older sort.)

Thats also great news about the SW blaster cannons.  I wish they had done
that in the beginning.  To bad I don't have the clear ones like this, they
would make for good (stable) clear starship stands.

   Yeah, I think you need to get some Ewok Attacks.  That's where I got
   mine. ;)

   best

   LFB