 Space / 1122
Re: Anyone remember this set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:23:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Kevin,

Kevin Knoot wrote:

In lugnet.space, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

Yes, isn't there another robot picture in the following idea book?

Scott S.

Now, I'd not seen THAT before.  Very interesting designs indeed!  Maybe I AM
dreaming, but I think I saw a pic of five (or so) robots of this type:

Of course, minus the spacemen.  If I recall, the pic seemed of "official"
quality and setup, and did have a set number, which I didn't bother to write
down.  Could this have been a non-U.S. release?

Did they look like this?

If so, there is a picture, let me see if I can find it:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0200-1985/0200-36.html

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0200-1985/0200-37.html

Alright, there they are. Are these it?

Scott S.

Unfortunately, no.  They were all smallish and constructed very much along the
lines of the ones here: http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6702-1 , only
more of them.

I've been trying to track this image down for a couple months.  I originally
saw it on sale on ebay some time ago, and made a mental note about some of the
design elements for future projects, not thinking that there was anything
unusual about the set. (like whether or not it really exists!)  A couple of
months ago I thought I'd take another look at it, and looked through the space
db, but turned up zilch, save for the above hints.  Maybe the pic was an
alternate-design shot from a different set that only appeared on its box?  I
don't know, but its been driving me crazy!

Thanks for all the help guys,

Kevin