 Space / 10574
Re: space legends and the SW licence
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:24:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
I realize that most vehicles in the LoM-series are ground vehicles,
but there is the 7315 Solar Explorer, which is clearly a flying space
ship.  I also seem to recall that some of the alternate models in the
LoM-series are flying space ships, but I'm not sure.

Well, if you look closely at the box front of set 7315, you
will see that the ship is not actually flying.  It's crashing.
It's always baffled me why LEGO would market a crashing
spaceship, but now I understand that it's a legal thing
with Lucas.  They can't sell any flying spaceships, so they
sell crashing spaceships instead.

Look forward to the "September Surprise" from S@H being
a Galaxy Explorer with its nose stuck into a crater plate.

Anybody up for a Crashing Spaceship Design Contest?

;]

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada