 General / 32469
Re: space legends and the SW licence
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:52:38 GMT

"John Gerlach" <john.gerlach@bestbuy.nospam.com> writes:

So the 'Life on Mars' sets are ok, since they are strictly 'ground'
vehicles.

I realize that most vehicles in the LoM-series are ground vehicles,
but there is the 7315 Solar Explorer, which is clearly a flying space
ship.  I also seem to recall that some of the alternate models in the
LoM-series are flying space ships, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, the contract may have been worded slightly different from your
quote, so that the Solar Explorer is accepted anyway.

But still, I would say that the distinction between LoM and a full
fledged space theme is small and subtle.  So the clause in the
contract can hardly be worth much in my opinion!

Fredrik