 Space / 1041
Re: LEGO box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:10:11 GMT

"Selçuk <teyyareci>" <sgore@nospam.superonline.com> writes:
Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote in message
If the box has reasonably strong walls (eg, a big set like 8880 or
6982) I often cut off the flip-top and use the box for • sorting/storage.
The smaller trays from medium size boxes are also good for storage.
--Bram

This was exactly what I'm doing till my collection was about
10000-12000 pieces, then it was a must to changed the storage into
a stackable drawer system.

I'm at ~35,000 pieces, and the boxes work fine, but then again, there's
an entire room in my house pretty much dedicated to LEGO.  I have about
eight stackable large plastic containers about the size of LEGO tubs, two
tubs, two smaller Tupperware containers (without lids) and a bunch of
various size cardboard boxes.  (I left the Technic plastic trays in some
of the boxes--works great for pins, gears, etc.)  When you cut the
flip-tops off of large sets, you get a large cardboard folder--I use
these to store instruction booklets. 5561 is for Technic and Model Team;
a few cardboard-paged, yarn-bound books have 1-sheet-instructions stapled
in; and 5571 is for everything else.
--Bram