 Space / 10015
Re: Landing Gear (was: My MOC Fighter Plane (first posted))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:31:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Steve Bliss at steve.bliss@home.com wrote:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=40433>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=40434>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=18614>

I do like the ones in the pictures, however, because they use the parts in
two directions, which would give the ship a bit more stability than just
using them in a single direction.

One thing that's not apparent from the pictures is that the hinge
arrangement locks the landing gear from rotating -- it can only extend and
retract.  Which is not something you'd notice from just looking at it; you
have to play with it to tell for sure.  Like I said, very cool!

Steve