 Space / *24347 (-20)
  Re: PCS gets the bots.

OFFICIAL MESSAGE LSF COMMAND Adm. Giddens, There seems to be an issue with your shipping crate supplier. I suggest you see to it immediately. My Spiffcraft needs waxing, and as you can see, that's not going to happen today. (URL) We are not pleased. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  The Mystery Deepens...

(...) The Terran Home Defense Committee has acquired (URL) three more dataphotos>. According to long range sensor scans, the craft is unmanned and unarmed. However, closer analysis of the dataphotos suggest the probe has very a intricate and (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Theoretical Question: Missile Design

Yeah, but I'm hoping he doesn't know that :) I like cone-tipped missiles. Take care, Soren (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: PCS gets the bots.

Admiral Giddens, It appears that your top scientists are keen designers as well. The HIboy is particularly interesting in the usage of repetitious shapes and negative spaces/edges. And the LOWboy is a good devolution too. Excellent progress sir! (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: PCS gets the bots.

(...) Hey there Admiral. Them bots of yours look pretty coool. I was wonderin' when PCS was going to build some droids. HIBoy is my fav out of the two. (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  PCS gets the bots.

PCS scientists are beginning to test full time field bots in establishing space bases. Here is a preliminary photo of the bots from the site of moonbase alpha. (URL) The bot on the left is HIBoy Hyperstatic Intergrated Bot The bot on the right is (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Capital Ship Engine System

(...) What? Rick, you know that a lot of my sub-caps used bussard ram scoops...they didn't have the space for excess -125 degree hydrogren slurry, and you have to go to warp or at least some appreciable % of speed of light to collect enough. Even (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: The EBKD Kalashnikov Project

(...) hmmm, with this increase in military posturing by the Eastern Block, and all this talk about missle design, the PCS command is suggesting that our people boycott the Solar System Games heald this year in Krsclamastan. The Kalashnikov seems a (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Theoretical Question: Missile Design

(...) But isn't that cone inverted within the shell body? (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

"leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HG2vor.1EK5@lugnet.com... (...) fins, of (...) in (...) Well, if you're borg, probably cubic or spherical would be "perfection." But besides the structural uses of wings and fins for (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Theoretical Question: Missile Design

(...) If you go by pure physics, the fact that you're in a vacuum would make everything more stable, since there's no real resistance. Besides, a sophisticated self-guided missile should be able to auto-correct the thruster outputs based on constant (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Theoretical Question: Missile Design

(...) It depends on what you're trying to do. If you want fast and furious, and you don't care much about accuracy, you go with a tube-shaped missile with centrally located thrusters that use constant-burn to crank up the speed before the target can (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

"Duane Hess" <LEGOZILLA@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:HG17F2.LDA@lugnet.com... (...) step. (...) process (...) product (...) That's for sure! I'm working on a little ship right now that probably won't go over 175 pieces, but I've scrapped the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Theoretical Question: Missile Design

(...) I've always used [snip] - but in FTX that bolds it. *shrug*. Ooh, just looked up at your post and you can comment out with ` -- cool! -Tim (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Dark Spiffcraft - With Lights!

(...) Nice work on the Spiffcraft. I thought it was bad enough having a scumcraft after you but now a Dark Spiffcraft! Ugh! Also excellent work on the hoverbikes. All good stuff. Jamie (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Theoretical Question: Missile Design

(...) That turned out interesting. No more easy <snips> now... -JHK (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Medevac Ship

(...) Thanks Allister. It's past the test....several times :). (...) Maybe some fighter/police escorts will be made later, who knows. Jamie (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Theoretical Question: Missile Design

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote: <Big snip> (...) Warhead dynamics, for one. You'd need different shapes for different types of projectile, depending on the desired type of impact. Just as an example, HEAT (High Explosive Anti-Tank) missiles (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Medevac Ship

(...) Thanks Sylvia. Actually I'm not the first to use that canopy configuration. Jeremy Sproat was the first to use it with this awesome little ship: (URL) Still a gooder. Jamie (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Theoretical Question: Missile Design

(...) The most effecient way to do that is to have 1 engine and a bunch of rotational thrusters that let you turn to put the engine where you want it. James (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact