 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 33
RE: Ir transmission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:27:57 GMT

I'm nearly done with my NQC to pbFORTH port of the IR proximity detector,
but I'm stuck where I have at present got a 30ms delay (Sleep(3) in NQC).
I expect it isn't critical but the current detector works so well I am
loath to change any of the parameters. The timers in pbFORTH only count in
100ms steps, so how can I get a 30ms or better timer? Do you know how NQCs
Sleep is implemented?

Alas, I only used the firmware timers available as core RCX firmware calls.
I can look through Kekoa's disassembly to see if there are higher resolution
timers available ( I think the motor timers might be useful )

In general, NQC hooks in through the RCX tasks and firmware, so it should
be possible in FORTH.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>