 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 259
Re: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:00:34 GMT

Ralph Hempel wrote:

pbForth is there if you run outside of the capabilities of nqc. As far as legOS goes,
Markus has spent a ton of time on it too. And thanks to guys like Luis Villa and
Gavin Smith there are precompiled binaries for the GNU tools for many platforms.
I'm sure you have scanned through the tales of woe trying to get the GNU tools
built. I can almost guarantee you that getting the GNU tools up on your machine
will take a day, and then you will probably get precompiled binaries like I did. :-)

Getting a working legOS development evironment no longer takes a day.  On Windows
plateforms it only takes the time to download WinlegOS.exe (5.6Meg) and running the
installer (a few minutes).  The system is completely configured and ready to run.  Win NT
requires an extra step that is not fully documented (yet) but is discusses in the legOS
newsgroup.

And yes, thanks to the likes of Luis Villa and Gavin Smith (and others) who supplied the
binaries that made it possible.

BTW, when I first heard about pbForth, my reaction was, "of course".  Though I haven't
programmed in Forth in years, it is a logical language for the RIS.

Rossz