 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 239
    pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —Ben Jackson
   So I've just been crawling over some broken glass, ERR, I mean, uploading pbFORTH text files to the RCX! It's hard to tell the difference! At the least, pbFORTH needs to: 1) accept \n, \r, \n\r or \r\n all as it does a single \r now. 2) have a mode (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —Mark Tarrabain
     (...) This, IMO, is the biggest problem with pbForth as it exists. Although I have no idea why, Ralph seems reluctant to take pbForth to that point at this time. (And it makes even less sense to me when I think about the idea that most of this (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

         RE: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —Ralph Hempel
     Ben Jackson wrote.. (...) And Mark Terrabain replied... (...) I'm reluctant to take pbForth there because the RCX already compiles bytecodes and SAVE-SYSTEM sends them back to the host in Srecord format. Writing and testing a bytecode compiler for (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —Dave Goodwin
     Well, I can rather agree on the uploading, but I don't find it quite as bad as you do. Not as good as NQC, but then NQC still has all the LEGO firmware limitations. As for the rest of your comments, I can only say that I managed to get the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        RE: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —Ralph Hempel
   Ben, Thanks for emailing and feeding back some important issues for the rest of the Mindstorms pbForth community. I'll always welcome comments and respond as quickly as possible... Let me address each point, sorry about the quoting, but it's needed (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —Mark Tarrabain
     In response to a message by Ben Jackson, Ralph Hempel wrote: <snip> (...) Actually Ralph, I think that was me. :) Although there are a few things *I've* said about pbforth that I don't like, you've given your reasons for the choices you've made to a (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

         RE: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —Ralph Hempel
     (...) I realized this later, and felt it would be even more confusing to clear it up! Mea Culpa again! (...) Great. I've been struggling with getting info for the FAQ together that makes it easy for all platforms to use pbForth. The goofy line-end (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —David Chen
     Ralph, Many of us out here REALLY DO appreciate the work that has gone into PBForth. I see it as a programming tool similar in spirit to the Emu movement out there. (ie the Atari and C64 emulators) Here you are moving the computing workload out of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

         RE: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —Ralph Hempel
     David Chen wrote... (...) <snip> (...) Hallelujah! Another convert to the dark side.... (...) David, (and others) thanks for the support over the past year in my efforts with pbForth. It is really fun bringing a little language back to the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        Re: pbFORTH needs better uploading, docs —Rossz Vámos-Wentworth
   (...) Getting a working legOS development evironment no longer takes a day. On Windows plateforms it only takes the time to download WinlegOS.exe (5.6Meg) and running the installer (a few minutes). The system is completely configured and ready to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)