 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 261 (-20)
  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

(...) Dave Baum is right (and he wrote the language, so he should know :-). The language IS the same across environments. Your problem is a version one: you apparently have the older 1.x version of the compiler on the PC: upgrade it to 2.x and all (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

Yes I am just converting programs and no the language is not the same regardless of the enviornment. On a PC wait = until on a Mac, void does not compile, and several others. I recently received The Unofficial Guide to LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ Robots By (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

(...) I assume you want to move an NQC program (and not the compiler itself) from a Mac to a PC. If so, just copy the file. The NQC language is the same regardless of the environment it is used in (Mac, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, OS/2...) Also, the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

(...) I use mac_nqc and normal nqc quite happily. DW (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

Are there any reference pages that show how to convert nqc from a Mac to a PC version, vice versa? Or perhaps a program that will do it? I am also having some trouble with the Lego remote. It can send messages to a RCX, but I only am able to do this (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

(...) The op-code for sending a message is $F7 "set message". Unfortunately somehow it is left out of spirit.ocx, so you have to go down to the serial protocol in order to use it. See (URL) for the details. If you want to stick to spirit.ocx, you (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Using Cybermaster with NQC in MPW on macintosh.

I haven't used CyberMaster myself, but I know someone was able to get it working with a Mac. CyberMaster expects DTR to be asserted and RTS to be cleared. I'm not sure if "asserted" means +9 or -9. I know data lines (TXD, RXD) are inverted, but I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Using Cybermaster with NQC in MPW on macintosh.

Hi all, I am having problems talking to my cybermaster from MPW on the mac. Heres my set up Mac B&W g3 with gport card providing the serial port. mac modem cable (mini 8 pin to DB-25) connected to serial port DB-25 from modem cable connected to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

Philippe jadin <philippe.jadin@skynet.be> wrote in message news:FLvD0J.106@lugnet.com... (...) written (...) can (...) features (...) That sounds exactly like what I have done here, although I have mounted the 'gantry' on a large base. At the moment (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MarsRobot Updated

I took some time this Saturday to update my website ((URL) with two new projects. I took the mini-synchro chassis (with modifications) from (URL) and added a 360 degree halo bumper. I also purchased a 8448 Street Sensation and with a little (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.general)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

(...) If you just listen to the 'message'es you send out from the RCX, you see them coming in. On unix just do something like cat /dev/cuaa0 It also works with most IRda ports, such as thouse found on the iMac and most laptops. Though I found the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

Have a look at my page : (URL) buit a scanner with bidirectionnal control. Client (RCX) software written with NQC, 'server' (master=pc) soft written in borland delphi 3.0. But you can do the same with VB. It does quite exactly wath you want. This (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  PC <> RCX Communication?

Quick question: is there a way for the rcx to send data to the PC (and possibly vice versa)? I have a scanner base built, and ideally I would like a way to communicate with the RCX, with the PC controlling the movement of the scanner. I could (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Linux NQC GUI?

Anyone know if there an NQC front end similar to RcxCC available for Linux? I would like to have a point and click interface to query variables while a program is running. Joel Shafer joel@connect.net (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Version 1.5 - no spirit.ocx - can't use RcxCC

Teaching with Robolab at the college level, I'd like to use the NCQ environment in class. I'd also like to use the RcxCC "wrapper" since I perceive it to be a little more "user friendly" at their level. Problem is that the new Robolab Version 1.5 (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC wishlist

(...) Yes, that seems to be the best way to go about it. (...) Don't we all do? :-) (...) Hmm, yes, thata I did not think about... well, we'll continue using macros! ;-) Thanks for the response. And for NQC. /Vlad (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC wishlist

Dave, All of these additions to NQC sound great ... especially the char and bool data types! There is no way that we (all the NQC users) can adequately express our appreciation for all of your work in developing and freely distributing NQC. I hope (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC wishlist

(...) I'm not really comfortable with variable-length bit allocations since this isn't something that happens in C outside of structs. But there could still be a couple "smaller" types. Right now an int is 16 bits. Perhaps a char could be 8 bits, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

Hi! well, I am missing something in an otherwise great RcxCC... Variable values display in dec/hex/binary would be great, as converting by hand every time is tedious. thanks /Vlad (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC wishlist

I am not sure if there is such a wishlist... I remember there was a "call for wishes" for RxCC... The biggest problem with the standard firmware is the small amount of variables. Since not every use of a variable will use all 16 bits, I think it (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact