 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1792
RE: Swan firmware crash!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:18:28 GMT

I have put "fast0103.lgo" on web page. It appears that web page on my ISP
(drjsoftware.com) doesn't match the local copy on my PC's hard drive. It
will take me a few days to update. I'm also planning to release a firmware
update in the same timeframe.

Sorry about the confusion.

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of John Hansen
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:49 PM
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Swan firmware crash!

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Steve Lane wrote:
That's where your completely wrong. I can see the error, calls to motor • power
should be set out like this

    motorPower128(1) = MyVariableName;

This is the old-style Swan API which is deprecated.  The Swan API built into
NQC
uses MotorPower128(n) and SetMotorPower128(n, m).  With the latest version
of
NQC you no longer need to include the old swan.nqh header file.  The old
swan.nqh file includes constants that no longer match the newest versions of
the
Swan fast firmware (fast0103.lgo dated 2005-01-13).  That might explain why
users of the latest NQC release are having problems when they try to run
programs against an old copy of the Swan firmware.

Dick, could you make the 0103 firmware (which should be in-sync with the API
built into NQC 3.1r2) available on your website?

John Hansen