 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1745
Re: Swan Firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:03:42 GMT

"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote:

BricxCC has not been updated yet to include the API defined in the
swan.nqh file
in its list of keywords, constants, and commands to highlight or list in
the
code completion dialogs.  In spite of that you can use the
variables/functions
defined in swan.nqh in your NQC programs.  However, the API defined in the
swan.nqh file included in the zip mentioned above is very incomplete and
subject
to substantial revision before I release NQC and BricxCC officially.

I feel so awful asking this, becuase I'm sure it must have been covered
somewhere before - I'm not very good at understanding quite how everything
works (API's and includes and so forth - no idea what that stuff is!).  But
here's my question:

I've heard this new firmware lets you have 1/1000 s instead of 1/100 s for
the Wait() statement, right?  If I put on Dick Swan's firmware on my RCX (if
I can even remember how to do that!), will BrickxCC know how to make the
delays different?  How does all that work?

I can picture someone smacking their forehead at all my stupidity but I'm
anxious to get this shorter delay, because I hard-code all my own motor
control servo routines and 1/100 s delays causes so many headaches, geting
more resolution would be the cat's ass. :)

    Iain