 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1787
Re: Swan firmware crash!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:23:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dick Swan wrote:
Exception error 40 is intended to indicate that you've tried to write to an
invalid source parameter value. "Source parameter" is the first byte of an
internal interpreter variable (0 is variable, 2 is constant, etc). If you
send me the NQC source I will try to run it and duplicate the problem. I
have PC diagnostic code that will tell me the exact interpreter instruction
where the error is occurring.

After a long absence, I'm looking at firmware for an update where I will
also try to fix the exceptiino '5' that has been reported in a recent
thread.

I already post a simple code that causes the error:
<http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/nqc/?n=1783>

task main{
  SetMotorPower128(MTR_A,100);
  SetOutput(MTR_A,OUT_REV);
  Wait(300);
  Off(MTR_A);
}

The command SetMotorPower128 is the cause.
(if I remove it, all works).
Today I get also the exception 18.

Maybe I installed NQC wrongly (from test_swan.zip)or I miss swan.nqh?